First of all, take note of the system requirements.
- PC―An x64 architecture-based computer with Intel processor that supports Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel EM64T) or AMD processor that supports the AMD64 platform; Intel Itanium family IA64 processors are not supported.
- Operating system―Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64 Standard and Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 2 or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and Enterprise Edition.
Before you install Exchange 2010, you will need to do the following else you will be wasting a lot of time with Exchange readiness checks.
1. Net.TCP Port Sharing service to Automatic
2. Install Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2
3. Install IIS 7 and turn on the following
- .Net Extensibility
- Basic Authentication
- Windows Authentication
- Digest Authentication
- Dynamic Content Compression
- IIS Management Console
- .IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility
- IIS 6 Management Console