2. Start the new Openfire once to ensure it can run
3. Access the setup page to ensure it can run properly
5. Copy over the 3 files/folders from the old server to the new server
scp /opt/openfire/conf/openfire.xml x.x.x.x:/opt/openfire/conf
scp -r /opt/openfire/embedded-db x.x.x.x:/opt/openfire/
scp -r /opt/openfire/resources/security x.x.x.x:/opt/openfire/resources
6. On the new server, make sure the copied files/folders have the correct permissions. If the new server files/folders owners are different from the old one, make sure the permission on the new server is consistent with the owner on the new server by comparing with the permission structure on the old server
eg. chown uuuu:gggg embedded-db
7. Start Openfire on the new server.
8. Run the following command if you face errors.
tail -f /opt/openfire/logs/error.log